The basics of publishing print and eBook titles without getting ripped off, based on Michael’s popular book Write, Regardless!
This course is for those who…
- Can write. I don’t believe anyone can teach us how, but all writers can learn how to write better articles, short stories, novels, journalism, non-fiction, poetry and memoir, and to enter the publishing industry at the right time and in the right shape
- Want to create a place for readers to access their entire body of work
- Have an ’embarrassing’ manuscript tucked away in a desk drawer or buried on their computer desktop, and want to turn it into a viable publication
- Want to learn how to approach traditional publishers and literary agents before trying self publishing
- Want to learn about plotting better story arcs, copy editing and proofreading their own work, designing effective book covers and marketing books independently
- Want to learn how to set up an effective social media platform without spending much money
- Are considering self publishing
- Want to self publish without getting ripped off
- Want to manage the self-publication process themselves, and learn how to communicate effectively with publishing support creatives such as editors and designers, in order to get the best finished product
NUMBERS: Maximum 25 people (at your venue) or 6 people (at The Makers Shed, Glen Innes).
TIME: 6 hours (with a one-hour break for lunch).
COST: $110 per person (includes FREE copy of Michael’s book Write, Regardless! RRP $15) or $1000 for venues wanting to offer workshops free to 25 participants).
REQUIREMENTS: Seminar room with chairs and tables and large-screen internet access for facilitator.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Please check my Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
BOOK: Via this email form:
BACK TO WORKSHOPS