- Michael Burge’s workshops take place at The Makers Shed Glen Innes, a well-maintained and safe work environment that has been risk-assessed for a small number of visiting workshop participants (maximum 6).
- All workshop participants are required to observe all safety instructions given during the workshop.
- Workshop bookings are confirmed only upon receipt of payment in full as requested in the booking email. Unpaid bookings will be considered cancelled five (5) working days prior to booking. Cancellations within three (3) working days of confirmed bookings are non-refundable; instead, participants may select another date to attend their workshop, in agreement with Michael Burge.
- Michael Burge’s mobile workshops can be hosted at venues that are covered by comprehensive public liability insurance. Booking a workshop means you warrant that your venue is covered in this regard.
- All mobile workshop participants will be guided and participate in seminar-style sessions, with adequate breaks.
- All mobile workshop participants are required to observe all safety instructions given during the workshop.
- Mobile workshop bookings are confirmed only upon receipt of payment in full as requested in the booking email. Unpaid bookings will be considered cancelled five (5) working days prior to booking. Cancellations within three (3) working days of confirmed bookings are non-refundable; instead, workshop organisers may select another date for a workshop, in agreement with Michael Burge.
- Michael Burge publishing services are aimed at preparing independent, self-published authors to submit basic fiction and non-fiction titles to independent publishing platforms, and marketing titles online.
- Michael Burge publishing makes no guarantee of title sales or positioning on online sales lists or in high-street bookshops.
- Michael Burge will generate up to three directions for book formats, cover designs and book video trailers, from which the client may select their preference.
- When final direction is agreed between Michael Burge and the client, up to three changes of copy, content and design elements will be free of charge.
- More than three changes will result in extra fees on top of the original quote, at a rate of $30 per extra change.
- Michael Burge requires a 50% deposit before commencing work, with the balance due on completion, prior to delivery to the client.
- All payments will be invoiced, with the invoice details forming a contract between Michael Burge publishing and the client.
- The client must supply Michael Burge will all necessary copy, images, footage etc. to complete the work prior to commencement. Work on each title does not start until all requested materials have been received in a usable state.
- Prices are based on 70,000-word manuscripts and rates will not be reduced for smaller-length books, although rates will increase for significantly longer works.
- Michael Burge publishing services will be refunded only if a product is faulty or unusable. Every effort will be made to ensure publishing and marketing materials are compatible with their intended use in the independent publishing industry.
- Please email within three days of receiving product if you are seeking a refund.
- Michael Burge does not accept responsibility for misuse or deletion of products, accuracy, print quality, loss or other defects caused by the client.
- Michael Burge will not refund if an incorrect publishing parameters have been ordered, or files do not match their intended purpose.
- Some colours in books covers and videos may appear lighter or darker on different websites or individual computer software and photography.
CLIENT’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLICATION
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure their formatted eBook and Paperback is proofread to their own standard prior to publication.
- It is the client’s responsibility to create and manage their own accounts with online publishing platforms (e.g. Ingram Spark) and/or bibliographic services (e.g. Nielsen) prior to publication.
- Michael Burge will not be held responsible if a client has requested incorrect measurements, dimensions, formats, resolution, etc.
- Extra fees will be charged for changes and additions that result from insufficient or incorrect information supplied by the client.
- Michael Burge does not provide proofreading, indexing, illustration, photography or captioning services.
Without infringing on your statutory rights